Become a YEMBA Volunteer…..
At YEMBA, a volunteer’s time and talent can go a long way to support our programs and services.
YEMBA is a nonprofit committed to empowering and educating our youth mentally, physically and spiritually. We are dedicated to making a difference in the lives, which ultimately strengthen the families and communities our program services through youth development, healthy living and social awareness. Our program and services are provided around the Chicagoland area reaches at-risk youth in urban and suburban settings.
YEMBA offers a variety of volunteer opportunities for volunteers to come together from all walks of life with a commitment to helping others and to share their skills and expertise. Each year, thousands of youth and adults throughout the city and suburbs volunteer their time to help the Y provide critical services to families and communities in need.
Volunteer opportunities include
• Become a Mentor or Jr. Mentor for our youths (Note: Have link to job description for Mentors and Jr. Mentors)
• Youth Basketball: Coach a youth sports team, referee a youth sports game or keep score
• Join our board or committees
• Assist with special events
• Assist with tutoring/homework
• Participate in fundraising campaigns
• Provide administrative or clerical support
• Teach a workshop (i.e. Health, Personal Training, Financial Literacy, Substance Abuse)
To get involved, contact us: email@example.com
Volunteer of the Quarter
Mr. Harris has continued to be a consistent support to our Mentoring Empowering Program (M.E.P.) this year. This fall, he has been instrumental in assisting both in the mentoring workshops and on the basketball court. Our youth look forward to seeing him faithful each session. Thanks you Mr. Harris for your dedication and devotion to help making a difference in our youth lives.